Defining the application
- Providing support for turning your ideas into a rigorous specification for our software developers.
- Creating wireframes to describe the flow of your application from screen to screen.
- Creating flowcharts and other specification documents.
- Working with you to specify how the data will be recorded and downloaded.
Designing the application
- Providing guidance for the optimal user experience, especially for touch-screen mobile devices.
- Producing briefs for graphic designers.
- Liaising with graphic designers to help make your application engaging.
- Working with you to ensure the graphic design supports your target audience.
Building the application
- Supporting all required platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) with a single application.
- Writing platform-independent server-side code.
- Building web applications to download from App Stores or from your own website.
- Providing applications that can work in both on-line and off-line modes.
- Recording, storing and formatting output data to meet your requirements.
- Creating parameterised code for easy “tweaking” post-project by research team.
- Building administrator websites for more major customisation of downloadable applications.
- Integrating with external APIs (e.g., Amazon Turk, Facebook, App Stores, Payment systems).
Managing the project
- Producing a project plan.
- Liaising with Graphic Designers and Game Consultants.
- Tracking problems through the development and testing phases in a shared web-based Issue Tracker.
- Providing regular updates or reports on the project.
- Contributing to preparation of grant applications, if required.